Marketing Focused Websites that Produce Results
Web Design & Development Explained
Your website needs to serve several vital functions for your company including attracting relevant traffic, influencing the reader and most importantly building trust. It also serves as a critical end-point for turning a website visitor into an email lead, phone call, newsletter or blog subscriber or even the sale of a product or service. For Steelsmith Group, a website is a living, breathing and constantly evolving representation of your company. We are never finished building our client’s websites and are always building, measuring and optimizing every aspect from your website strategy, structure, design, code and content. Our client websites are technology-driven tools and not just a good looking brochure. This is a clear differentiator between a marketing firm creating your website and a design firm.
Web Design & Development Strategy
Our website strategy is centered on four primary strategic questions:
- Does the design, layout and content build trust with the visitor?
- Is the design, layout and content following a solid strategy towards conversions?
- Do we understand the different visitor personas well enough to succeed in our goals?
- Will this website be fast and secure with a well-planned structure?
Our strategic planning starts with a discovery call to learn more about your company, as well as some of the goals you’d like to achieve with a new website. We’ll also go over your current site and functionality to understand the scope of the project. We then create a requirements document based on that call and nail down some of the details so we can send an accurate quote your way.
Web Design & Development Process
Once we get rolling, our next step is a meeting with our Creative Director to understand the more about your company brand and voice. We’ll also ask you a ton of questions to create a persona of your target client(s). This will help us understand how to effectively guide your website visitors and influence them towards a connecting with you. Based on this meeting, we’ll send you a creative brief which outlines a completely strategy for your website. Once approved, we move into the wireframe stage where we sketch out the architecture and elements of your website. If we’re doing search engine marketing, we’ll start on your keyword research and optimization planning at this point. Once we’ve presented the wireframe and completed any requested changes, we’ll move into the design phase. If you’re rebranding with new colors and logo, we’ll start there. Also, if we’re creating new content we’ll start that as well. Once you’ve signed off on the website design, we’ll start the development stage. This is where we actually build a live development site. We’ll pull in the wireframe architecture, design, content, optimization and add social media integration and any other functionality needed. This includes making sure the website is responsive.
A responsive website automatically rearranges the website elements for different browsers sizes, smartphones and tablets. After a testing period, we’ll present it to you for a round or two of changes. After the changes are approved, we move the website onto your server and launch, ensuring that we have things working properly and all analytics are properly tracking. After launch, we’ll regularly test to ensure everyone moved over smoothly and we’re working out any bugs. Usually, most web design agencies would stop there. For Steelsmith Group, we understand that a website needs to help your company grow. We monitor major metrics like time on site, number of pages per visitor, and other technical factors like speed and security. With a baseline to work from, we’ll be able to continually improve your website results. Combined with our other digital marketing strategies, we’ll make sure your website is constantly evolving as your business grows.
Check out our latest design below:
Interesting linksHere are some interesting links for you! Enjoy your stay :)
Recent Blog Posts
- [SURVEY] CRE Marketing and Technology Problems 2016 October 9, 2016
- Launched! A Powerful Insurance Website Redesign Case Study October 9, 2016
- Top 5 Digital Marketing Project Mistakes July 6, 2015
- [WEBSITE] Meissner Jacquet Commercial Real Estate Gets a New Design June 23, 2015
- Team Spotlight | Captain Steelsmith Human Resources June 10, 2015
- Andrew Steelsmith, CEO | Seattle Marketing Consultant May 27, 2015
- Hospitality Marketing | The Passport Group | New Client April 28, 2015
- Want to Reach Your Audience Effectively? Get Personal October 1, 2014
- Amplify! Your Story Across Digital Channels September 24, 2014
- Find Your Authentic Company Voice September 16, 2014
- Commercial Real Estate Marketing
- CRE Porfolio
- Customer Relationship Management (CRM)
- Email Marketing
- Hospitality Marketing
- Internet Marketing
- Local SEO
- Marketing Consulting and Training
- Mobile App Marketing
- Social Media Marketing
- Team Spotlight
- Web Design
- Web Design Portfolio